Updated: August 2018
The following terms and conditions (these “Terms of Service”), govern your access to and use of the PT Compare website, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through www.ptcompare.com (the “Site”), by PT Compare Ltd.
This Site is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18 you may not use this Site or the PT Compare services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 if you have any questions regarding the Site or Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by sending an email at www.ptcompare.com/contact.
Services are services offered on PT Compare.
Sellers are users who offer and perform services through services on PT Compare.
Buyers are client users who purchase services on PT Compare.
Product Page is where the seller can describe their Product or Service and its terms, and where buyers can purchase or create an order for the Product or Service.
Orders are the formal agreement between a buyer and seller after a purchase was made from the seller’s product page
Disputes are disagreements experienced during an order between a buyer and seller on PT Compare
Revenue is the money Sellers earn from completed orders.
Sales Balance is cleared revenue from completed orders for Sellers to withdraw.
Points balance is shopping credit collected from cancelled orders or PT Compare promotions to be used for purchasing products or services.
- Only registered users may buy and sell on PT Compare. Registration is free.
- Buyers pay PT Compare in advance to create an order.
- Orders are purchased through the Order/Book button found on a seller’s product or service page.
- For fees and payments please read the purchasing section.
- Sellers must fulfil their orders, and may not cancel orders on a regular basis or without cause. Cancelling orders will affect Sellers’ reputation and status.
- Users may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through the PT Compare platform.
- PT Compare retains the right to use all published content for PT Compare marketing and promotion purposes.
- Sellers create Products and Services on PT Compare to allow Buyers to purchase their services.
- Sellers may also offer Custom Offers to Buyers in addition to their Services.
- Each order you sell and successfully complete, accredits your account with a net revenue of 85% of the purchase amount (purchase price – 15% commission).
- PT Compare accredits Sellers once an order is completed. See our orders section below for a definition of a completed order.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 14 days after the order is marked as complete.
- Sellers may not promote their Services or any PT Compare content via the AdWords platform.
- The seller’s rating is calculated based on the order reviews posted by Buyers. In certain cases, exceedingly low ratings may lead to the suspension of the Seller’s account.
- For security concerns, PT Compare may temporarily disable a seller’s ability to withdraw revenue to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity. This may come as a result of security issues, improper behaviour reported by Buyers, or associating multiple PT Compare accounts to a single withdrawal provider.
- Sellers are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any VAT or otherwise, which may apply to them depending on residency or location. Sellers represent and warrant that they comply, and will comply at all times, with their obligations under income tax provisions in their jurisdiction. The Service price shown on the Service page is inclusive of all such taxes and charges that may apply to the Sellers.
- Services created on PT Compare are user generated content.
- Services may be removed by PT Compare for violations to these Terms of Service, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:
- Illegal or Fraudulent services
- Services that encourage or are intended to circumvent the platform
- Copyright Infringement, Trademark Infringement, and violation of a third party’s terms of service.
- Adult oriented services, Pornographic, Inappropriate/Obscene
- Intentional copies of Services
- Spam, Nonsense, or Violent Services
- Services misleading to Buyers
- Reselling of regulated goods
- Offering to prepare academic works on behalf of Buyers
- Exceedingly low quality Services
- Services that are removed for violations mentioned above, may result in the suspension of the Seller’s account.
- Services that are removed for violations are not eligible to be restored or edited.
- Services may be removed from our Search feature due to poor performance and/or user misconduct.
- Services may include pre-approved website URLs contained within the Service description and requirements box. Services containing websites promoting content, which violates PT Compare’s Terms of Service, will be removed.
- Services are required to have an appropriate Service image related to the service offered.
- Statements on the Service Page that undermine or circumvent these Terms of Service is prohibited.
PT Compare is all about helping Sellers leverage their skills. We seek to empower top performing Sellers with helpful tools to grow their business. Sellers who invest in self-promotion may achieve greater customer satisfaction. And, if they deliver on time and maintain high quality and ratings, PT Compare may reward them with new statuses, special opportunities, benefits, and tools that come with it.
- PT Compare Sellers can gain account Levels based on their activity, performance and reputation.
- Sellers who cannot maintain their high quality service, experience a severe drop in ratings, or stop delivering on time risk losing their seller status and the benefits that come with it. For example, late deliveries, warnings to the seller’s account and cancellations can cause a seller to move to a different Level.
Top Rated Sellers
- Top Rated Sellers are chosen manually by PT Compare editors through an ongoing review process based on seniority, volume of sales, extremely high ratings, exceptional customer care, high order completion rate and community leadership. Top Rated Sellers gain access to more extensive features than previous levels, including exclusive access to beta features and VIP support.
- Top Rated eligibility is constantly evaluated by PT Compare to ensure that the quality standards and expectations of the Top Rated selection is kept. PT Compare retains the right to change a Top Rated Seller status in light of such evaluation. In addition, Top Rated Sellers who cannot maintain their high quality service through a severe drop in ratings, stop delivering on time, increased cancellation rate or violate our Terms of Service, also risk losing their Top Rated status and the benefits that come with it.
- You may not offer direct payments to Sellers using payment systems outside of the PT Compare Order system.
- PT Compare retains the right to use all publically published delivered products for PT Compare marketing and promotional purposes.
- Buyers pay PT Compare to create an order from a seller’s Service page using the Order Now button.
- Services may be purchased using one of the following payment methods: Credit Card, PayPal or PT Compare Credit.
- A service fee is added at the time of purchase where a buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative and payment gateway expenses. As of August 2018, the current fees applied to the total purchase amount are 5%.
- You may not offer Sellers to pay, or make payment using any method other than through the PT Compare.com site. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to Customer Support at www.ptcompare.com/contact
- By using any payment method and/or providing payment details for making purchases on PT Compare, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are legally authorized to provide such information; (b) you are legally authorized or have permission to make payments using the payment method(s); (c) if you are an employee or agent of a company or person that owns the payment method, you are authorized by that company or person to use the payment method to make payments on PT Compare; and (d) such actions do not violate any applicable law.
Buyers may be charged with indirect taxes (such as VAT) depending on their residency, location and any applicable law, in addition to the Service price shown on the Service page.
Buyers agree that they are responsible to comply with all tax requirements applicable to them, including but not limited to any obligation to deduct or withhold taxes. It is hereby clarified that all prices and fees that appear on the Site are the net amounts that will be paid to PT Compare following any direct or indirect taxes, levy, withholding tax and/or deductions.
- Once payment is confirmed, your order will be created and given a unique PT Compare order number.
- Sellers must deliver agreed services as per the booking arrangements.
- We encourage our Buyers and Sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails, users can contact PT Compare’s Customer Support for assistance.
- When a buyer orders a Service, the seller is notified by email as well as notifications on the site while logged into the account.
- Sellers are required to meet the delivery time specified when accepting the booking.
- Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files (downloadable products) for viruses and malware. PT Compare will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
- A Seller may cancel an order without the buyer’s consent at any given moment (Force Cancellation). However, this will have a negative effect on the seller’s status.
- Feedback reviews provided by Buyers while completing an order are an essential part of PT Compare’s rating system. Reviews demonstrate the buyer’s overall experience with the Sellers and their service. Buyers are encouraged to communicate to the seller any concerns experienced during their active order in regards to the service provided by the seller.
- Leaving a buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations to our Terms of Service.
- To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the PT Compare platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance seller ratings, or to abuse the PT Compare platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
- Feedback comments given by Buyers are publicly displayed on a seller’s Service page. Buyers have the option not to include a comment, but still rate the service.
- Withholding the delivery of services, files, or information required to complete the Service’s service with the intent to gain favourable reviews or additional services is prohibited.
User Conduct and Protection
PT Compare enables people to create, share, sell and purchase nearly any fitness service they need at an unbeatable value. Services offered on PT Compare reflect the diversity of an expanding Service economy. Members of the PT Compare community communicate and engage through orders, social media, and on PT Compare’s Community Forums.
PT Compare maintains a friendly, community spirited, and professional environment. Users should keep to that spirit while participating in any activity or extensions of PT Compare. This section relates to the expected conduct users should adhere to while interacting with each other on PT Compare.
To report a violation of our Terms of Service, User Misconduct, or inquiries regarding your account, please contact our Customer Support at www.ptcompare.com/contact.
- To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of PT Compare in order to circumvent or abuse the PT Compare messaging system or PT Compare platform is not permitted.
- Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.
- PT Compare does not provide any guarantee of the level of service offered to Buyers. You may take up disputes with the seller via the messaging service and have the ability to leave reviews on the seller’s page.
- PT Compare does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the PT Compare platform.
- All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on PT Compare’s platform.
- Rude, abusive, improper language, or violent messages will not be tolerated and may result in an account warning or the suspension/removal of your account.
- PT Compare is open to everyone. Discrimination against a community member based on gender, race, age, religious affiliation, sexual preference or otherwise is not acceptable and may result in the suspension/removal of your account.
- Users may not submit proposals or solicit parties introduced through PT Compare to contract, engage with, or pay outside of PT Compare.
- Users with the intention to defame competing Sellers by ordering from competing services will have their reviews removed or further account status related actions determined by review by our Customer Service Team.
- Users are to refrain from spamming or soliciting previous Buyers or Sellers to pursue removing/modifying reviews or cancelling orders that do not align on Order Cancellation or Feedback policies.
- PT Compare reviews cases of payment provider chargebacks and disputes on behalf of Sellers. Although results vary per case due to each chargeback reason, we work hard on resolving disputes in the seller’s favour. If the chargeback case allows, PT Compare will return parts or full revenue back to Sellers.
- Users may report Services to Customer Support that may be in violation of PT Compare’s Terms of Service based on the reported Service’s replicated similarity to pre-existing services (copycat Services).
- Sellers warrant that any content included in their Services shall be original work conceived by the Sellers and shall not infringe any third party rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks or service marks. In the event that certain music or stock-footage media are incorporated within the Services, Sellers represent and warrant that they hold a valid license to use such music and/or footage and to include them in the Services.
- PT Compare will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement.
Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Terms of Service or any user misconduct reported to our Trust and Safety team. A warning will be sent to the user’s email address and will be displayed for such user on the Site. Warnings do not limit account activity, but can lead to your account losing seller statuses or becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation.
Adult Services & Pornography – PT Compare does not allow any exchange of adult oriented or pornographic materials and services.
Inappropriate Behaviour & Language – Communication on PT Compare should be friendly, constructive, and professional. PT Compare condemns bullying, harassment, and hate speech towards others. We allow users a medium for which messages are exchanged between individuals, a system to rate orders, and to engage on larger platforms such as our Community Forum and Social Media pages.
Phishing and Spam – PT Compare takes the matter its members’ security seriously. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please respect our members’ privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Services or orders.
Privacy & Identity – You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the order page. Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the buyer. Any users who engage and communicate off of PT Compare will not be protected by our Terms of Service.
Authentic PT Compare Profile – You may not create a false identity on PT Compare, misrepresent your identity, create a PT Compare profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful.
Intellectual Property Claims – PT Compare will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement, and/or violation of third party’s terms of service.
Fraud / Unlawful Use – You may not use PT Compare for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
Abuse and Spam
Multiple Accounts – To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the PT Compare community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations to PT Compare’s Terms of Service is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
Targeted Abuse – We do not tolerate users who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards other users on PT Compare. This includes creating new multiple accounts to harass members through our message or ordering system.
Selling Accounts – You may not buy or sell PT Compare accounts.
- PT Compare reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these Terms of Service or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the Site or services.
- Violation of PT Compare’s Terms of Service may get your account disabled permanently.
- Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy on PT Compare.
- Users who have violated our Terms of Service and had their account disabled may contact our Customer Support team for more information surrounding the violation and status of the account.
- Users have the option to enable account Security features to protect their account from any unauthorized usage.
- Users must be able to verify their account ownership through Customer Support by providing materials that prove ownership of that account.
- Sellers will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 90 days following full verification of ownership of the account in question, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to PT Compare’s approval.
- Disputes should be handled using PT Compare’s messaging platform or by contacting PT Compare Customer Support.
- PT Compare may make changes to its Terms of Service from time to time. When these changes are made, PT Compare will make a new copy of the terms of service available on this page.
- You understand and agree that if you use PT Compare after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, PT Compare will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
User Generated Content
User Generated Content (“UGC”) refers to the content added by users as opposed to content created by the Site. All content uploaded to PT Compare by our users (Buyers and Sellers) is User Generated Content. PT Compare does not check user uploaded/created content for appropriateness, violations of copyright, trademarks, other rights or violations. We invite everyone to report violations together with proof of ownership as appropriate. Reported violating content may be removed or disabled.
Furthermore, PT Compare is not responsible for the content, quality or the level of service provided by the Sellers. We provide no warranty with respect to the Services, their delivery, and any communications between Buyers and Sellers. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community and common sense in choosing appropriate Services® service offers.
By offering a service, the Seller undertakes that he/she has sufficient permissions, rights and/or licenses to provide, sell or resell the service that is offered on PT Compare. Sellers advertising their Service online must comply with laws and terms of service of the advertising platform or relevant website used to advertise. Failing to do so may result in removal of the Service and may lead to the suspension of seller’s account.
For specific terms related to Intellectual Property rights and for reporting claims of copyright infringement (DMCA notices) or trademark infringement – please see our Intellectual Property Claims Policy which forms an integral part of these Terms of Service. Note that it is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the buyer, which is not public domain, shall be kept confidential and shall not be shared or used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the ordered services to the buyer.
Furthermore, users (both Buyers and Sellers) agree that unless they explicitly indicate otherwise, the content users voluntarily create/upload to PT Compare, including Service texts, photos, videos, usernames, user photos, user videos and any other information, including the display of delivered work, may be used by PT Compare for no consideration for marketing and/or other purposes.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER PT COMPARE NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH PT COMPARE MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
THIS SERVICE MAY CONTAIN TRANSLATIONS POWERED BY GOOGLE. GOOGLE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES RELATED TO THE TRANSLATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
The Site has been translated for your convenience using translation software powered by Google Translate. Reasonable efforts have been made to provide an accurate translation, however, no automated translation is perfect nor is it intended to replace human translators. Translations are provided as a service to users of the website, and are provided “as is”. No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of any translations made from English into any other language. Some content (such as images, videos, Flash, etc.) may not be accurately translated due to the limitations of the translation software.
The official text is the English version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version of the website which is the official version.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL PT COMPARE, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
At PT Compare we care about your privacy. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We do not disclose it to others except as disclosed in this Policy or required to provide you with the services of the Site, meaning – to allow you to buy, sell, share the information you want to share on the Site; to contribute on the forum; pay for products; post reviews and so on; or where we have a legal obligation to do so.
We collect information that you provide us or voluntarily share with other users, and also some general technical information that is automatically gathered by our systems, such as IP address, browser information and cookies to enable you to have a better user experience and a more personalized browsing experience.
We will not share information that you provide us in the process of the registration – including your contact information – except as described in this Policy.
Information that you choose to publish on the Site (photos, videos, text, music, reviews, deliveries) – is no longer private, just like any information you publish online.
Technical information that is gathered by our systems, or third party systems, automatically may be used for Site operation, optimization, analytics, content promotion and enhancement of user experience. We may use your information to contact you – to provide notices related to your activities, or offer you promotions and general updates, but we will not let any other person, including sellers and buyers, contact you, other than through your user profile on the Site.
Your personal information may be stored in systems based around the world, and may be processed by third party service providers acting on our behalf. These providers may be based in countries that do not provide an equivalent level of protection for privacy as that enjoyed in the country in which you live. In that case, we will provide for adequate safeguards to protect your personal information.
You can exercise your rights over your personal information, by emailing your request at www.ptcompare.com/contact.
The above are just the highlights. We encourage you to read more about the information we collect, how we use it, understand the meaning of cookie, and more in the long version of our Policy below.
The Longer Version
PT Compare respects your privacy and is committed to protect the personal information of its users – buyers, sellers, and visitors browsing the Site (“Users”). We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect when you visit and/or use the Site. This Policy explains our privacy practices for the Site and services provided by PT Compare. By accessing and/or using the Site and its related sites, applications, services, goods and/or registering for a PT Compare account, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy, including to our collection, use, disclosure, processing and retention of your personal information. You can also learn how to limit sharing of information in this Policy.
Information We Collect
When you register to the Site we ask you to provide certain personal information, including names and valid email addresses. We may collect additional information such as physical address, telephone number or other contact details and additional authentication information, to provide you with the services you need (such as payment or withdrawal of funds, sending physical goods), or to ensure the marketplace integrity (for example, prevention of fraud).
In addition, we collect information while you access, browse, view or otherwise use the Site. In other words, when you access the Site we are aware of your usage of the Site, and may gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage, including geo-location information, IP address, device and connection information, browser information and web-log information, and all communications recorded by Users through the Site. We use that information to enhance user experience, personalize your browsing experience as well as monitor the Site for preventing fraud and inappropriate content or behaviour.
Once you register, your username and additional information regarding your activity is made public and is visible to all Users of the Site. This information includes photos you upload, your published products, product information, ratings, and additional information you may choose to add to your profile.
How do we collect Information?
How do we use the Information collected?
Where relevant under applicable laws, all processing of your personal information will be justified by a “condition” for processing. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- you have provided your consent for us to use your personal information for a specific purpose;
- our use of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g. to provide you with services which you have purchased);
- the processing is necessary to comply with a relevant legal obligation or regulatory obligation that we have (e.g. fraud prevention); or
- the processing is necessary to support our legitimate interests as a business (e.g. to improve our services to you or to customise your browsing experience), subject to your interests and fundamental rights and provided it is conducted at all times in a way that is proportionate.
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with quality service and security. For example, we may use the information collected from you to verify your identity. We may also use this information to establish and set up your account, verify or re-issue a password, log your activity and contact you from time to time. The information helps us improve our services to you and customize your browsing experience. In addition, this information helps us track any fraudulent activities and other inappropriate activities and monitor content integrity; or
- to maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law. Should you ever deactivate your account with us, we will keep your information for a limited period in order to meet the above purposes.
We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those set out in this Policy.
- We may use your personal information to send you direct marketing communications about our products, services or promotions from PT Compare that may be of interest to you or our related services. This may be via email, post, SMS, telephone or targeted online advertisements.
- In most cases our processing of your personal information for marketing purposes is based on our legitimate interest, although some cases (such as where required by law) may be based on your consent. You have a right to prevent direct marketing of any form at any time – this can be exercised by following the opt-out link attached to each communication.
- We take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level, and to send you communications which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you, based on the information we have about you.
How long do we keep your information?
We apply a general rule of keeping personal information only for as long as is required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances we may retain your personal information for longer periods of time. We may retain your information for the following purposes:
- as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations, e.g. so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenge; and
- we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with applicable laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Site terms and take other actions as permitted by law.
Users Under the Age of 18
Our Site is not intended for anyone under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 should provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from people under 18. Parents and guardians should at all times supervise their children’s activities. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that personal information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us via www.ptcompare.com/contact.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
We may combine your personal information with information we collect automatically or obtain from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can opt-out through the link attached to each communication.
We may provide your personal details to third parties, only in order to operate the Site, provide our services to you, fulfil obligations imposed on us by applicable laws and regulations, and prevent fraud and illegal activities, as detailed below:
- to service providers for the purpose of opening and operating your account as well as providing ancillary services (example – payment vendors, CRM systems, forum hosting, community management services, mailing systems or technical consultants). Our contracts with these service providers do not permit use of your information for their own (marketing) purposes. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require third parties to adequately safeguard your personal information and only process it in accordance with our instructions;
- to respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or to regulatory authorities, if we believe we are required to do so by law, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes; when we believe it necessary or appropriate to disclose personal information to law enforcement authorities, such as to investigate actual or suspected fraud or violations of law, breaches of security, or breaches of this Policy; to respond to claims against us; and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of PT Compare, our customers, or the public;
- your personal information may be disclosed if we go through a business transition such as a merger, sale, transfer of all or a portion of PT Compare’s assets, acquisition, bankruptcy or similar event.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
Some of the personal information you provide to us may be stored or processed on our behalf by third party suppliers and data processors and may be located in other jurisdictions, such as the United States and Israel, whose laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. Whether to third parties or internally, any transfers of personal information from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries not deemed to provide an adequate level of data protection are governed by European Union (EU) standard contractual clauses, or in the case of the United States, the EU – US Privacy Shield, and/or equivalent data transfer regulations to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
When you visit the Site, we may use industry-wide technologies such as “cookies” (or similar technologies), which store certain information on your computer and which will allow us, among other things, to enable automatic sign-in to the Site, make your browsing much more convenient and effortless and allow us to test user experience and offer you personalized browsing or promotions. By continuing to use this Site, you are agreeing to our placing cookies on your computer or device in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
The following is a more detailed explanation of the types of cookies we use:
- Necessary cookies
Necessary cookies are essential and help you navigate the Site. This helps to support security and basic functionality and are necessary for the proper operation of the Site, so if you block these cookies we can’t guarantee your use or the security during your visit.
- Functionality cookies
- Performance cookies
Performance cookies help us to understand the behaviour of users of the Site. This allows us to continuously improve the Site to provide the best information in support of our project aims. These cookies are also used to help us understand how effective our Site is; for instance these cookies tell us which pages visitors go to most often and if they get error messages from web pages. All of the information that these cookies collect is aggregated, to assist us to improve how the Site works. Some of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may refer to the third parties’ own website privacy notifications for further information. In particular, we use Google Analytics cookies to obtain an overall view of user habits and volumes, and to help improve the overall experience on the Site. Google Analytics is a third-party web analysis service provided by Google Inc, which uses performance cookies and targeting cookies. The information generated by these cookies about your use of the Site (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google Inc on servers in the United States.
If you prevent these cookies, we cannot guarantee how the Site will perform for you.
Blocking or Deleting Cookies
The following links may assist you in managing your cookies settings, or you can use the ‘help’ option in your internet browser for more details:
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is also available at www.aboutcookies.org (note that this website is not provided by PT Compare, and we therefore cannot ensure its accuracy, completeness or availability). It is important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, cookies may, in certain cases, save you from the need to enter usernames and passwords, and allow session continuity.
We take great care in maintaining the security of the Site and your information and in preventing unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or damage to it through industry standard technologies and internal procedures. We contractually ensure that any third party processing your personal information equally provide for confidentiality and integrity of your data in a secure way. The transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure, and although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Users who have registered to the Site agree to keep their password in strict confidence and not disclose such password to any third party.
Further information about our data security practices can be provided on request.
Rights of Users Under EU Regulation
Under applicable EU regulation, as of May 25, 2018 you may have some or all of the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- to obtain a copy of your personal information together with information about how and on what basis that personal information is processed;
- to rectify inaccurate personal information;
- to erase your personal information in limited circumstances where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
- to restrict processing of your personal information where: (a) the accuracy of the personal information is contested; (b) the processing is unlawful but you object to the erasure of the personal information; (c) we no longer require the personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, but it is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim;
- to challenge processing which we have justified on the basis of our legitimate interest;
- to object to decisions which are based solely on automated processing or profiling;
- to obtain a portable copy of your personal information, or to have a copy transferred to a third party controller; or
- to obtain a copy of or access to safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside of the EEA.
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority for data protection.
We may ask you for additional data to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing data requested to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law. We may also decline to process requests that jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or would cause us to take any action that is not permissible under applicable laws. Additionally, as permitted by applicable laws, we may need to retain certain personal information for a limited period of time for record-keeping, accounting and fraud prevention purposes.
Updating Your Information
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. In the event that you believe your information is in any way incorrect or inaccurate, please let us know immediately. We will make sure we investigate the matter and correct any inaccuracies as quickly as possible where necessary or give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. If for any reason you have a problem with deleting your personal information please contact us and we will make reasonable efforts to delete any such information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
If you delete your User Generated Content (“UGC”), as defined in the PT Compare Terms of Service, from the Site, copies of your UGC may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Site users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Site, including UGC, is governed by our Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time, so please re-visit this page frequently.
Changes to this Policy are effective as of the stated “Last Update” and your continued use of the Site on or after the Last Update date will constitute acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, those changes.
Disputes and Cancellations
We encourage our Buyers and Sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact PT Compare’s Customer Support department for assistance.
- Order cancellations can be performed on PT Compare, when eligible, by Customer Support. Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation to these Terms of Service. Doing so may get your account temporarily or permanently disabled. Note: once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
- In the event that a buyer or seller encounters an issue related to the service provided in an order, you are encouraged to use the Site’s messaging platform to resolve any disputes.
- PT Compare reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site.
- If an order is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid will be refunded to the buyer.
- PT Compare encourages Buyers and Sellers to resolve service disputes mutually using the messaging service.
- Eligibility for requests to PT Compare to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors, including violations to our Terms of Service, general misconduct, and improper usage of the PT Compare delivery system. See below for Order specific eligibility.
- Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Service page. Buyers may rate their experience with the seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.
- Buyers must use PT Compare messaging system to address their concerns and desired resolution related to the service provided by their seller prior to contacting Customer Support. Customer Support will not take any action against Orders where the Buyers failed to inform their seller of issues related to the seller’s service and will allow Sellers to provide a resolution first. This does not include non-permitted usage of PT Compare.
- Any non-permitted usage of PT Compare encountered during an Order, after being reviewed by our Customer Support team, may result in the order being cancelled. This includes, but not limited to; harassment, unlawful behaviour, or other violations to PT Compare’s Terms of Service.
- PT Compare does not automatically refund payments made for cancelled orders back to your payment provider. Funds from order cancellations are refunded to the buyer’s balance as credit and are available for future purchases on PT Compare. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include service fees paid.
- Deposit refunds, when available from the payment provider, can be performed by our Customer Support team. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund from their account which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee. If any service fees were added at the time of purchase to create a new order, the service fees from that payment will not be refunded along with your deposit.